SQL Server on Linux
SQL Server on Linux - SQL Server vNext goes cross platform!
- How it started - Project Drawbridge, Slava with his brother!
- SQL PAL (SQL Platform Abstraction Layer)
- The (very small) host extension which is platform specific
- Installation with demo,yes that fast!
- Backups and Restores cross platform
- Clustering on Linux
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups cross platform
- Compiling CLR code for both platforms
- SQL Agent (new in the March CTP 1.4 release!)
- How the Linux layer is compiled
- Debugging a combined Windows PE and Linux ELF execution including getting a stack dump
- Performance goals
- Limitations with the current implementation
David is a cross product DBA (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Informix, Sybase) who has worked for 25 years as a DBA for both private, local/central government customers including a Fortune 50 investment bank. Certifications include MCSE Data Platform/Data Management and Analytics as well as certifications in all the other products.
- Capitol Area Central Texas Users of SQL Server 81 Recordings
- MS SQL 20 Recordings