Monster Text Manipulation: Regular Expressions for the DBA
Regular expressions can help you perform incredible tasks with very little effort. Need to create 1700 logins from an email request? Developers give you a single script with 300 stored procedures filled with table variables instead of temp tables? Need to move 500 databases to a different drive? Any of these tasks can take a long time to code, but regular expressions cuts that work from hours to seconds. I use regular expressions all the time and I have taken many tasks down from several days to just a few minutes. Stop writing code manually and let regular expressions do it for you.
Here you’ll learn:
- The most useful regular expression commands.
- The appropriate times to use regular expressions.
- How to use regular expressions to write code for you.
- How to incorporate regular expressions into large tasks and combine them with other methods.
Sean McCown9 Recordings
Sean McCown is a Certified Master with 23 years of experience in databases. He is also founder and co-owner of the MidnightDBA.com website, where he records free SQL Server training videos. He also writes the popular Minion Maintenance suite, the most configurable maintenance solution on the planet.
- Oklahoma Groups 70 Recordings
- SQL Saturday 127 Recordings