Mobile ASP.NET MVC
Mobile web development is becoming more important and even though most of what works in "normal" web development works on mobile, there are unique challenges and constraints to it that we need to be aware of. During this meeting we will be discussing these challenges and how we can meet them in the context of ASP.NET MVC 4. Topics will include but will not be limited to the following:
- New features in ASP.NET MVC 4
- Handling devices with drastically different capabilities
- Optimizing performance for the mobile web
- Device and feature detection and the limitations of both
Eric Sowell manages the mobile web development efforts of Match.com. These days he also does iOS development, plays too much Minecraft, reads a lot and enjoys long walks on the beach. He is the recent author of Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5 with Apress. You can see his occasionally updated website at http://ericsowell.com and can follow him on Twitter (@mallioch).
- North Dallas .NET UG 23 Recordings