Designing Stored Procedure Solutions
With a little T-SQL experience, you can create a stored procedure that completes a task. But it's harder to formulate a stored procedure solution with the big picture in mind. In this session, we will work through a real world scenario to develop a thorough solution. You will learn about:
- Asking the right questions to set yourself up for success
- Making the case for stored procedures over ad hoc code and other objects
- Pro tips for standardization and cross-version compliance
- Reevaluating and expanding on your solution
- Limiting inputs to reduce unexpected behaviors and errors
- Choosing between alternate solutions
- Evaluating for performance
This session is for data professionals who can write T-SQL, but haven't spent a lot of time in SQL development.
7 RecordingsJen McCown is CEO of MinionWare, LLC; a Microsoft Certified Master for SQL Server; and an independent consultant. She is Senior Editor at MidnightDBA.com, where she creates training videos, the DBAs at Midnight webshow, blogs, reviews, and podcasts. Jen is a member, volunteer, and speaker in PASS, and the PASS Women in Technology Virtual Group.
- Sproc 1 Recording